In celebration of the 70th Anniversary of Casino Royale (1953), the Folio Society have announced the release of the Casino Royale Limited 70th Anniversary Edition.
Limited to 750 copies, the 70th Anniversary Edition is bound in blocked leather and presented in a clamshell box. Each copy is individually hand numbered and signed by the artist Fay Dalton, and features an introduction by author Kim Sherwood.
In his first mission, Bond is plunged into a battle of luck, wits and physical endurance against Le Chiffre, a corrupt agent of the feared Soviet organisation SMERSH. Le Chiffre’s unsavoury predilections have left him bankrupt and desperate for money. His defeat lies in the hands of ‘the finest gambler available to the Service’ in a game of baccarat set on a luminous stage with violence lurking in the wings.
The 70th Anniversary Edition features nine full-colour illustrations, including two new double-page spreads, and seven integrated black-and-white images by series artist Fay Dalton. The exquisite interpretations of Ian Fleming’s iconic characters convey a heady mix of sophistication and tension, with her vintage painterly style providing the perfect accompaniment to Fleming’s debut novel.
- Bound in leather blocked in silver, metallic red and black foils
- Set in Miller text with Folio Bold Condensed as display
- Text printed in two colours on Natural Evolution Ivory paper
- 248 pages9 full-colour illustrations including two double-page spreads
- 7 black & white illustrations
- Limitation label signed by Fay Dalton
- Gunmetal grey on all three page edges
- Clamshell box covered with screen-printed and blocked metallic cloth, lined with printed cloth
- 11″ x 7¼”